View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 21:01   #42
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvdwiel View Post
what about a dog that is dysplastic and the owner tell's you that he made a slippery on the smooth surface when he was a young dog ...... would you use this dog also?
No. Smooth surface will cause dyspalsia only by dog which have genetic basis for the HD... You have the same with fat puppies - such puppies and heavy wolfdogs have more % of displatic dogs than wolfdogs in the wolf type (lighter)... We saw also the relationship between the HD results and type of food the dog gets...
But always there is some genetic reason behind it... and I would take it into consideration...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvdwiel View Post
You wil never know if a dog is completely healthy also not if you get al the information from the owner... but I think it is not wise to use a dog with an ilness that is probably hereditary
Look, I'm not agaist you.. I really agree with you - I just follow the DR. House words "I don't ask why dog owners and breeders lie, I just assume they all do"...
No, I will not use such dog... But using healthy one I can never be sure if the dog is 100% healthy and the owner is not hiding some dark facts about his dog...

The customs of your tribe are not laws of nature - George Bernard Shaw
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote