View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 13:54   #15
Navarre
VIP Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Navarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsirius View Post
In Italy there is lot of breeders, and i think they have different prices, i do not believe all pups in Italy goes for 1200 eur,
Hello, in our country the price range is about 800-1500, but of couse you can find puppies at 400 and puppies at 2500, but are rare cases.

Often puppies sold at 2500 aren't better than puppies sold at 800, often are same lines, often are even worser, sometimes are a mix and not purebreed !
Maybe that the breeder selling at 2500, after short time will sell the remaining puppies of the same litter at 1000 or even lower.
I agree with Margo, the prices many times is based on nothing.

For example we aren't "breeders", we don't need to earn money from our dogs, isn't our work, but they are good dogs of good lines, with xray, bonitation, exhibitions in our country and in countries of origin, schutzhund training, endurance train. and even playing as actors in movies and commercials...potentially we can sell them at a very higher price, but we sell them at 1200.
3 years ago we sold them at 1000, the litter was very OK, so now 1200.
We prefer to have many potential owners to choose from.

But you cane easily find other litters sold at higher price...but the breeder with his dogs did...absolutely NOTHING (apart from feeding them) , neither pay the mate, as the male is of his own.

------------

Margo, for what I konw the cost of life in Sweden/Norway/Finland is very high, higher than rest of EU, but of course even their personal income are higher.