View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 07:49   #217
Silvester

Hey Jenni - you have topped even Vaiva´s posting with yours !!

Especially these parts are very true and important for my opinion:

Originally posted by Jennin Lauma :
"Falcifying pedigrees in a breed like this is especially dangerous. There are so many possible bad effects on it, starting from the fact that nobody nolonger has any control over the hereditary traits, -most importantly the health & character. -If you do not know who you are truly breeding with, you cannot breed. You only make puppies. You don't know what to expect from the offspring, and everyone can start wiping their ass with the pedigree papers."

Exactly ! That´s also the problem with the "breeding" of American wolfdogs - for they are not really breeded but only produced.

Originally posted by Jennin Lauma :
"It (crossing wolf into dogs) is not worth the efforts today, if you only have the working abilities in your mind. The dog population in the world is big enough to scoop from, if there is a need to cross breed for better health or wider gene pool for example."

and

"All the desired traits we see in working canines these days are originally wolf behaviour allright, but strongly modified by human breeding selection, and at this point allready far away from wolf."

Yeah - this is what all real experts say too !

Ok, also to the other parts of this posting I agree completely - this time really 100 % indeed... And I could´nt have told it in better words!

So Jenni - If you congratulated me for the show- result of my dog ....

I much more want to congratulate you here for this posting !

Best regards , Uli alias Silvester
Silvester jest offline   Reply With Quote