View Single Post
Old 13-04-2006, 07:46   #4
Mosi

Send a message via AIM to Mosi Send a message via MSN to Mosi

Quote:
All that to say – interesting to study the genetics of wolfdog pigmentation but I must ask why? (guess I’m curious) I am also very troubled by some of the terms you use. I know that sable was cited in that husky site concerning some kind of yellow pigment, however normally sable is considered to be a black colour – very deep black colour in fact. Maybe I’m just showing my ignorance on the colouring nomenclature of dog coats, but I do find the way you use sable for everything to be very confusing.
I do hope to keep, show and breed wolfdogs later in life (either when the ban has been lifted or when I have to move to get them!) I believe to to breed any animal you need to have as much knowledge about its genetics as possible, its just responsible breeding in my opinion XD.
The amount of people I see that breed merle to merle, then use the excuse "oh the bitch was a cryptic we couldnt see the merle". Not an excuse, I want to learn now so that I can gain as much knowledge as possible before getting a dog.
Ive glanced through what you have said, its really interesting reading I'll read through it properly when I get home from college. (its 6:45 AM!)

thanks a lot!

come see my art --->
www.afiach.deviantart.com
Mosi jest offline   Reply With Quote