View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 00:27   #59
mijke

I agree complete with Margo, Nebulosa, Ina and many others, not to publish in public the wolfblood percentage.
Because several reasons:
•The wolf percentage is only mathematic, and does not guarantee anything about the real genetic percentage of the dog.

•Incompetent readers (who does not know enough about genetics) can use this info as a reason for making all kind of (stupid) rules, why it is not possible to keep a CsW as a normal pet.

•And because people can abuse this information to make the CsW more special/interesting for unknown people who want to have a “wild animal” (but don’t have the possibility’s for this) Even in Holland somebody was advertising the CsW as: ”a dog with still 30% wolf in it”

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina
So, we have wolfdogs and everyone who is honest is interested in the wolfblood percentage!
I am very honest, but I am not interested!! Because for me a CsW is a normal dog like other FCI recognised breeds. And it is my favourite breed because of their natural behaviour and their appearance.
And all interested people in CsW puppy’s I am always explaining that the wolfblood percentage is not to count and is not interesting and it is only for fun!
What really matters when people look for good puppies is a good combination (in behaviour, exterior and hips) and not the wolfblood percentage!!

When I did want to have a dog that is more wolf, I would look for a hybrid from first crossing.
And by the way, can you count all the genes of your own CsW? Only then, you can say the real wolfblood percentage

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote