View Single Post
Old 19-04-2007, 08:15   #17
Wolfsirius

pacino wrote;"for everyone to see, just for one minute everyone read the mails and pretend you are a dog lover looking at the CSW breed for the first time, READ THE MAILS... talk of cross breeding,, named breeders,,, dogs that have attacked owners,,, serious breeding faults,,ect ect,,, "

I think agressive Csv is not unheard. Breeders and owners SHOULD tell about the problems in breed as well. We have very special breed, but is not only beauty looking like a wolf. As breed had made there is used wolf and gsd and is clear without saying that these dogs have strong temperament and very high instincts.

UK is not only country where breed is "under control" by people out from breed, and Mutara is not our only problem, and maybe not biggest problem either. As far as i "know" Mutaras are all by people who have experience about the breed and some of them have experience about wolves as well. I think mutaras never offered to people "public" But as i wrote begin of topic, we have already csv mixes like tamaskan/husky/csv, and people who make ANY mixed puppies are not right for the purebreed dog, especially not for Csv or SWH. And as these people are not responsible, is clear that they sell puppies to similary, irresponsible people, and more mixes will come, and some day, these mixes can be back in our breed. And these mixes can, and will make troubles, sure.

Overproduction of puppies is fact today. How many breeder is ready or able to keep puppies as long as puppies have suitable owners? And if there are, what happened as puppies live in big pack, and then move to new home as a youngster? All CsV,s are not "homechanging" dogs and with older puppy can come big problems.

just a bit off topic; how many breeders you know that sell puppies to people who never met csv live? (even have possibility, as there is breed in same country)
For me our breed is more than few thousand euro's, and it should be so to everyone.
i believe that is very nice to breed dogs as living, but with this breed is almost impossible. These are not golden retrievers, or gsd;s which can live almost anywhere, with just anybody. These dogs need more. It never should be enough, that new puppyowner have "a big house" and want a dog looks like a wolf.
Even we have dogs not suitable enviroments as well.

And there is always at least one breeder who sell puppy, if somebody else dont. Is it really so difficult to ask from each others what kind of people these are, and why they are asking puppy from abroad? Maybe because on worstest case they have band to keep animals cause problems before? Many people are interested on our breed cause exterior, many adult dogs looking new home cause problems and owners get enough of activity.

I visit CZ almost every year to meet breeders/dogs and owners,
to see how breed is today, and i am very worried that there is puppies going to people who never saw breed alive, only saw nice fotos on internet and read how "wolfish" our breed is.
On worstest cases there is people who get puppy in 2 weeks from first contact to breeder, but never met dogs or breeder personally. What is easier? And there comes adult dogs looking new home.

We have "breedingmaterial" in Finland, we have many nice dogs, from different lines, but since -99 we had have only 3 litters, cause not enough suitable owners.

Wake up, breeders, we should be proud of our breed, stop massproduction, concentrate to ennoble breed and slowly grow on. If people really want wolfdog, they can waite puppy, if they can't they dont need.
Everyone of us can make puppies, but to BREED and keep dogs in right hands by responsible people should be target for everyone.

for me, fact is that we have more problems than Mutara.
Maybe every breeder should go to look itself from mirror and ask am i doing my best for the breed? Is very easy to show on finger others, and forget myself.

still worried about the breed;
-Suski
-Suski-
Wolfsirius jest offline   Reply With Quote