View Single Post
Old 20-08-2009, 23:24   #18
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
...If you use AI as a normal way to reproduce these problems are likely to occure sooner or later and being realistic I donĀ“t think that the owners of these dogs will take them out of breeding.

Ina
This is a very good point also...one that I had never really considered. I totally agree with this point. But, I guess maybe it would be less of a problem with established stud/brood dogs who had proven themselves in the "natural" way before being used for AI? Maybe this could be a criterion for males and females if AI were to start being used (and only in cases of distance, not to mask a breeding or genetic problem) within the breed...I guess once again, it would come back to the regulation of an international committee...

I guess another concern might be false identity of the male (in trying to breed mixes, perhaps...) Is there any kind of DNA test requirement (to establish verified parents) from the FCI with AI? In the US, it is required of imported sperm (and maybe also domestic, I forget...) and also imported dogs (who breed naturally) to have a valid DNA result from both parents before the AKC will register a litter.