View Single Post
Old 01-08-2002, 13:46   #11
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf
Default wolfdogs

Dear Christa,

it's my personal opinion that Saarloos is more wolf, and i insist on it. But i say it not because of percentage of wolf blood in the breed itself, but of the way it acts - it's more shy, less (if ever) trainable and it's character is really different.

About aggressive CSWs at Amsterdam, i can only repeat what i already said - the dog is visiting card of it's owner, and it's only
on the owner, how he manages to educate and train the dog so it doesn't bother their surroundings. Also, aggressive dog should be kicked out from the show circle and shouldn't be judged at all! If the refferee is willing to accept aggressive dogs in his circle, such one only supports bad character wolfdogs to get into breed and also makes bad image to the breed itself.

I hope you do not think, that we, breeders and keepers of CSWs here in Czech Republic are responsible for dogs in Amsterdam. Every aggressive and not well educated dog makes bad name, but mostly to the owner, not to whole breed. I didn't notice, that all the aggressive poodles and dashhunds (who attack my wolfdog all the time) would be considered bad breed because they do this.

Something "funny" in the end. My friend's wolfdog, a 50 kg male, was attacked by "peacefull" retriever and he lost tip of his ear, before he even managed to react. If i should judge all retrievers according to this one, i'd think they are worse than pitbull.

Mirka
Mirkawolf jest offline   Reply With Quote